Inspectors' General Office Hours
7:45 AM - 9:00 AM, Monday - Friday
(Check with your inspector for their specific office hours)
Request an Inspection
If you need to leave a voicemail for your inspector, please speak slowly and clearly. Also be sure to state the following information:
- Phone Number
- Permit Number
- Type of Inspection Requested
- Requested date of Inspection
- If applicable, include gate code information and/or location of gate key
Cancel an Inspection
IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL A SCHEDULED INSPECTION, PLEASE CALL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO INFORM YOUR INSPECTOR (at the very latest, the day prior to the date of scheduled inspection).
This will save you from being charged a $50 re-inspection fee as well as saving the inspector’s time and gas.
The following phases of construction are required to be inspected by the Building Division.
- FOUNDATION/SLAB INSPECTION - Termite treatment certificate. After footing excavations are complete and required reinforcing steel forms are in place.
After all in-slab or under-floor ancillary items are in place. (This would include the approval of electrical ground/underground and plumbing concrete slab inspections.)
- FRAME INSPECTION - After the roof, all framing, fire blocking, bracing, and metal connectors are in place; all pipes, chimneys and vents are completed; and the rough electrical, plumbing or mechanical installations are approved.
- LATHING INSPECTION - After all lathing and gypsum board, interior and exterior, in construction required to be fire-resistive is in place but before gypsum board joints and fasteners are taped and finished.
- FINAL INSPECTION - After finish grading and the building is completed and ready for occupancy.
(NOTE: Plumbing and Electrical Final Inspections must be completed prior to Building Final)
- In addition to the required inspections specified above, the Building Official may require other inspections to ascertain compliance with applicable building regulations.
Types of Building Inspections
- PV/Solar Water Heater
- Final Solar Water Heater/PV Panels
- Pool Reinforcing
Request for inspection - see Section 9-11 of Chapter 9 Electricity (PDF)
Final inspection required - see Section 9-12 of Chapter 9 Electricity (PDF)
Additional and miscellaneous inspections - see Section 9-43 of Chapter 9 Electricity (PDF)
Types of Electrical Inspections
- Concrete Slab/ Under floor conduit
- Underground conduits and cabling
- Ground Electrode (Ufer, ground rods, other)
- Electrical Equipment
- Service Equipment
- Photovoltaic Equip Grounding/Rough-In
- Solar Water Heater
- Rough-In/Double Wall
- Pool Grounding
- Pool Potting
- All plumbing, gas and drainage systems must be inspected before being concealed.
- Final inspection must be made after all work required by the plumbing permit is complete.
Types of Plumbing Inspections
- Exterior Underground Water, Gas Supply, Sewer
- Irrigation Backflow or Pool Filler Backflow
- Double Wall Rough In
- Pool/SPA heater
- Shower Pan Test
- Solar Final
Types of Sign Inspections
Types of Regulatory Inspections
- Day Care
- After School Program
- Adult Day Care
- Chapter 5 Building (PDF)
- Chapter 9 Electricity (PDF)
- Chapter 17 Plumbing (PDF)
- Chapter 3 Signs (PDF)